Shihan Tung in January, 2008.
Shihan Tung shows Daitoryu aikiage techniques
to Fukaya Sensei
at Yonezawa Dojo in East
Shihan Tung demonstrates ashigarami
nikajo osae with Rominski Sensei
Shihan Tienchao (Tim) Tung
MBA, Hitotsubashi Univ., Tokyo, Japan, 1970
Martial Arts Background:
Currently teaches classes in:
Chinese Martial Arts: Learned Chinese Kung-Fu including
Taiji Quan, Xing-Yi Quan and Bagua Zhang, beginning at the age
of 9 from his father and Sifu Chingyun Wu.
- Japanese Martial Arts:
- Studied Japanese martial arts,
including Jujutsu, Kendo, and Iaido while attending college in
Tokyo, Japan beginning in 1964.
- Met Katsumi Yonezawa Shihan in 1978, and later became his Uchideshi (special protégé).
- Promoted to Chief Instructor Shihan by the Daito-Ryu Aikijujutsu
Bokuyokan in Japan in 2000.
- Currently Chief Instructor, Director of Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu
Bokuyokan for North, Central and South America. In June of 2005, he
was named Jun-Honbucho (assistant to Soke Hiromitsu Yonezawa).
Conducting seminars in:
- Japanese Martial Arts: Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu and Aikibudo, Kendo, and
- Chinese Martial Arts: Yang and Chen Taiji (Tai-Chi) Quan,
Bagua Zhang, Xing-yi Quan, Swordsmanship, and Kung-fu Fan etc.
- United States